Welcome to the ECO-INNOVERA Platform
The ERA-Net ECO-INNOVERA is a network of policy makers and programme owners that aimed to boost eco-innovation through cooperation in research and development. The network started in 2010 under the EU FP7 programme with 25 partners from different Member States and Regions. Since then, the partners have been working to identify common ground in policy development and research needs, and experiment with combinations of research funds. The project as such expired October 1, 2014 but a majority of the partners will continue to cooperate as a network for systemic eco innovation.
Key results of the project after finalization were:
- Development of a Research Strategy and establishment of the network.
- 12 transnational projects that reflect European eco-innovation capacities are being implemented as a result of 2 joint calls. The total budget coming from the funding organizations came up with 25M EUR. These projects provide a backbone to the continued cooperation future exchange of knowledge and views among the ECO-INNOVERA partners.
- A solid basis for follow-up joint activities, described in the ECO-INNOVERA work-plan 2015 – 2016.
- Ongoing exchange with networks on specific areas or sectors, such as sustainable urban development, resource efficiency, climate change and bio-diversity.
- Further development of common policies and research through an ongoing dialogue with the European Commission and regular contacts with countries outside Europe.
- Best practices beyond and within Europe, analysis of eco-innovation parks, university curricula.